Goat milk is remarkably beneficial in soaps and creams because:
- It has a pH level similar to human skin, helping protect from daily bacterial and chemical invasions.
- The protein strands in fresh goat’s milk are shorter and therefore more easily absorbed by the skin. Fresh goat’s milk is also rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- It contains proteins that kill acne-causing bacteria.
- It contains alpha-hydroxyl acids that naturally exfoliate the skin.
- It moisturizes and reduces itchiness, which is valuable in treating eczema or severely dry skin.
In addition to the many wonderful qualities of goat milk, our handcrafted soap does not contain alcohol, petroleum, or other harsh detergents like many soaps.
Come watch us make soap or cream!
Visit our store and take a self-guided tour of our soapmaking facility or call ahead for a group tour.
You can find contact information on our Contact Page.